Book Title: Even Witches Get the Blues (Wicked in Moonhaven #1)
Book Author: J. D. Winters
Source: $0.00 for Kindle version on Amazon
Rating: 4 Dragon Paws
This is a fun story about a girl, Haley, who wakes up with no memories, so it’s a big surprise when she learns that she has a deed to a restaurant in town 40 miles away, everyone knows her in that town, and that she’s a witch!
It’s a down to earth kind of novel that is interesting an yet straight to the point. I really liked J. D.’s writing and would maybe read the next books, depending. It was difficult to understand at times, especially about how demons worked. Though with the ending, I understand the reasons behind Haley’s mind connection with the hot vampire in town. At least, I have an idea.
Recommended to 16 of age and older, who like cozy mysteries and witches.
Original Post: A Gift of Short Story
Since, I don’t want to miss any of the requests, I will add an update each time I get one.
There is still time for you to send me a request. Please do so on the original post. Thank you. You have until September 30.
Request # 1:
- By: jrhandleyblog
- “Military science fiction set in 4987AD! Lots of blood, sex and action packed into it, high octane baby!!”
- Some science fiction authors write their story lines touching on the year
- The easier would be to write blood and sex… action could be difficult.. well I’ll need chips and popcorn and soda to get creative. It will happen!
PS: If you guys have any ideas about the action, I may take them. 😉
Request # 2:
- By: Tammy @ a word about books
- *Genre: YA Fantasy (I guess?)
*Character’s gender: Female
*”Synopsis”: [character name] has a gift – and a curse! While she can heal people from almost anything, using an ancient amulet handed down to her by her grandmother , she kills anyone who comes in contact with her bare skin! No wonder that at the hospital, where she volunteers, people miraculously recover from bad diseases! But she completely keeps to herself in every aspect of her life until she meets [male character] – have I mentioned that I suck at giving names too 😅 – he somehow cancels out her ability and therefore becomes the only person she can have contact with. But why did he show up now and how can he neutralize her curse?
Request # 3:
- By: Quintessential Editor
- “Genre: Dystopian Future
- Idea: In a future society truth is valued more than any currency. So much so that when a baby is born a chip is implanted into their brain. This chip prevents the impulse to lie. This system has been in place long enough for everyone to be fitted with a chip. A solar flare from the sun disables all of the chips. However, there are no sparks or pain. They just simply switch off.
- Whatever gender character allows you to be more creative.
- The distance future.”
- Main character: Female
- about 1600 words in
Request # 4:
- By: Nil
- “Genre: Historical
- Idea: The MC has been training to assassinate the king for years. However, she ends up finding out that she is actually the king’s long lost daughter.
- Preferably female, but gender doesn’t really matter.”
- Main Character: Female
- thinking the story will happen during the winter season
PS: If you guys have an idea on a King, let me know ^_^
Request # 5:
- By: Shadow Summit
- “Genre – Fantasy
- Synopsis – A kings warrior is sent to capture and kill a known traitorous sorcerer, but the target turns out to be the kings nephew, the warriors former friend and the heir to the throne. Suspicious towards the reason he was sent on the mission, the warrior decides to investigate the situation further. Is his king in the wrong or has his old friend truly changed? Either way, his loyalty is about to be tested.
- Think that I will name him: John Culligan, son of Sebastian
- He be at the age of 26
- Height at 5.9 ft
- Physique – strong, fit like a warrior should be
- Hair – black, short, curls at the neck
- Eyes – brown
- Character: Righteous, Empathic, Suspicious, Intelligent, Somewhat detached from other people due to his work for the King.
- Skills: Proficient fighter with sword and shield
- Ability: Deductive reasoning; able to communicate with wooden animals (useful on errands when catching fugitives)
- Year – Well I’d like fantasy… so swords and stuff like that… kind of medieval.
- No zombies and apocalypse- Perfectly fine, no zombies needed.
- 4,000 words
Request # 6:
- By: fitzy93
- Real life, adult (no teenage drama) and optional supernatural/ fantasy.
Mainly set in the present.
Male or female main character. Can split between characters point of view.
Location: seaside/boating village- small town.