I would like to thank Kelli Smith for the opportunity to donate to her elementary school. The school this year has added a sensory room for the special needs children and many authors like myself have contributed in helping with backpacks and school supplies.
Kelli has received 15 backpacks, a ton of signed author copies, and we raised over $1000 in supplies! Amazing. I myself have sent in a cute backpack with supplies. ^_^ I was happy to contribute to a great cause and it’s an honor to receive the certificate from the school!
“This award recognizes individuals who possess the qualities of dependability, service, leadership, and patriotism in their homes, schools, and communities.” Signed by Darren Haas, Principal and Jill Deel, Head of Special Needs Department.
Congratulations to all other authors and individuals who possess those qualities and helped out to this great cause. Yey! And good luck to the school this year. May all students strive and succeed and feel like they belong.
I hope that you’re all doing well.
Denise posted in July, a great post about promotional services. You can find it here. So based on 5 Things Book Promotion Services Should Remember by Denise, here’s what I have to say about R&R Book Tours.
- Equal and fair treatment – I don’t know about the other authors, but Shannon is equal and fair. I receive her invites to other blog tours and any updates that she receives from those authors so I know that. It feels like she cares about each and every request and tries her best to help out. Our recent conversation was about finding bloggers for a specific genre, her response was – “I’m sure it’s great, just very specific. It’s a challenge ;)” so she’s willing to search for bloggers who review specific genre’s which is great because it’s not just about sending out blog post about tour invites, but reaching out to specific bloggers, which takes time!
- Communication – Fantastic, considering how many times I had sent her the novella files haha. Our email string is 56 and counting so we’re going back and forth. So, if you have any questions about your own tour and everything, she’s there.
- Prompt response to emails from authors and bloggers would be appreciated. Usually her response time is within the hour and sometimes even within 5 minutes which is surprising sometimes because she has a couple of serious life things going on, and yet shes great with responding. And, when I was freaking out about the cover for my new novella, her response was almost instant and it was – “I LOVE IT!” That made me feel confident that maybe the blogger who signed for the cover reveal and the tour will like it, too.
- FAQs – Denise’s words – Most services have FAQs. Some are more detailed than others, but it’s generally stated that “a WORD doc, book cover and everything needed for posting will be provided.” Shannon also provides HTML info for bloggers. So you’re not only getting a word doc, but also an HTML with the same info. I’m not sure if Shannon states that somewhere…I actually didn’t see it so now you know that it’s provided.
- The Author/Blogger Chose Your Service – It’s a great fit me for me. The cover reveal and book tour are still to happen – November 1st and December 11th to December 15th, 3017. I’m super excited.
Also a big thank you for the bloggers, not just Shannon who signed up for both events. I’m super happy that you chose to help me spread the word about my novella. That means the world to me.
I’m having a blog party starting November 20th, 2017. Join the fun. For info, check here.