My latest book is a New Adult paranormal crime fiction.
- Literature and fiction
- Organized crime
- Family saga
- Mafia underworld
- La Cosa Nostra
When do you start brainstorming keywords? Before you finish writing or after? If after you finish writing, is it during the editing phrase or when you’re setting up the book in Createspace or another company? Is there a time when it’s too late to set them and you’re stuck with basic keywords?
Can you guys come up with more keywords for my book? Out of that list, what’s your favorite?
Until next time,
The last 20 facts about me for the weekend!
- My favorite shows are the X-files, Suits, Numbers, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, Teen Wolf, That Girl, Psyche, 21 Jump Street, Life, How I met your mother, Bones, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sex and the City, and Interny (Russian show). I’m probably forgetting some but these I can watch again and again.
- My favorite animes are Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Fruits Basket, Fairy Tail, Inuyasha, Yuu Yuu Hakasho, Life is Beautiful, and Cowboy Bebop.
- I don’t like selfies (usually). I’m only okay with them if my son is next to me.
- I wear glasses, but I prefer contacts.
- After dancing ballroom for years, I switched to belly dancing.
- I love snakes.
- I was born in the year of the snake.
- The last movie that I saw on the big screen was Beauty and Beast, and that was on a big screen at home with my son in my arms. He was sleeping.
- When I was in high school, I was in band and played tennis. Don’t miss either.
- I met Andy Weir, the author of the Martian. He signed my book and he signed a birthday card for my niece.
- I’ve been to several concerts, one of them being Evanescence.
- I prefer milk chocolate to dark.
- One way to my heart is to get me is to get me milk chocolate or a cherry coke. I’m simple.
- I’m a horrible singer and my husband pleads for me to stop. Though, it’s okay when I sing to my son because “I sing with love” so bad singing is forgiven.
- I don’t like make-up and I avoid it like the plague. Make-up is only for author photos, dance performances, weddings, and or big parties that I’m not hosting.
- My favorite flower is Gardenia. My main character in Deity’s Soulmate is named Gardenia because of that.
- My first job was renting cars.
- My second job was cashier at Target.
- One of my favorites foods is the meaty marinara pasta from Pizza Hut.
- I tried being a vegetarian for a year. I succeed only for that year.
Tell me something about you. ^_^
The weekend continues. Yesterday I shared 20 facts about me. Here’s 20 more.
- My favorite soda is Cherry Coke or ginger ale.
- My favorite food during pregnancy was French Fries. When I was in the car and we were about to pass Carls Jr. or something, I could literally smell them. Bad for husband, cause I would make him stop so I could get some fries.
- The first person to do my make-up that wasn’t my mother or me was a gay friend in high school. He had a lot of fun doing it, too.
- I love to cook. I like soups and they last for 3 days at time so I would cook a soup and know that I’ll have food available. It’s hard to have something ready with a baby around so liking soups is a MUST. ^_^
- I broke my fingers once by falling from a rail. That was when I was about 10 years old…my mother didn’t believe me that I broke anything and only realized something was wrong after I started getting sick. I haven’t broken any bones since!
- I stopped being friends with a boy after he jokingly called me a b*tch. I told him that jokingly or not, I don’t like being addressed like that. It was uncalled for. So, I kicked him out of my house. I haven’t seen him since.
- I love decorating for Halloween and Christmas. Usually I add one decoration starting the first of October or December. Haven’t started decorating yet this month though.
- The only fish that I eat is Salmon and I prefer cooking it myself.
- I have a hard time understanding humor and sometimes sarcasms.
- I’ve been married for 5 years!
- I love bubble baths. When I was pregnant, I couldn’t have them much and then with the baby no time so I adore them. My female characters tend to love their bubble baths, too. It’s their favorite past time and YES, it’s my fault.
- My favorite color is Purple!
- My favorite number of all time is 13.
- I was born on the 13th.
- My favorite font is
- I like researching things, more on Google than Pinterest. I know Pinterest is a search engine, but I’m not used to it yet, though I do have an account and created many cool boards. For instance – The Seven Hours Virtual Book Tour!
- I have had several surgeries and nurses think that I’m a model patient.
- When, I was in high school, I used to love to write with gel pens. Is that still a thing?
- Two of my Halloween costumes was of a female version of Captain Jack Sparrow and one of a gypsy.
- When I’m sick, like for days, I tend to have a Harry Potter marathon with popcorn!
Tell me something about you.
I bet that most of you who read my blog posts, know me as a book blogger. However, I’m not just a book blogger, I’m an author first… well second cause first I’m a mother to an 8 month old little boy.
If you knew that I’m an author and mother (you probably paid attention to the site’s image at the top which is great! But, other than that you don’t know me much. Hmm. We would have to remedy this, this weekend.
So, let’s see where do I start?
- I miss ballroom dancing.
- I’m a Pisces and that means something. If you guys know anything about Pisces is that they are dreamers, well no wonder I decided to be an author on the side to my day job. 😉
- I’m 5’7″. When I was a dancer that MATTERED so much. It was hard to find dance partners to be taller than me, especially when I was wearing high heels, but I still had fun dancing ballroom.
- I really dislike one nickname- Angie. I don’t know why but when people call me that, I get irritated and sometimes don’t respond.
- I’m a fan of Microsoft but had to buy me a Mac…mainly so I could learn how to create apps.
- I hate liars.
- I have two sisters and one brother.
- I used to have 6 cats. One passed away two years ago in August and one passed away this August. Both were black cats. I miss them very much!
- I don’t have a TV…well I do but I turned it into a computer. Too much of a hassle to set up channels…stupid with what they did with those little boxes. I use Amazon Prime and or other providers to watch movies and shows. I recently just caught up on Game of Thrones…all 7 seasons.
- I have never played Angry Birds, Candy Crush, or Pokemon in any form.
- My favorite drink is coffee and I haven’t had coffee since December because of being pregnant and then breastfeeding. After I finish breastfeeding for good, the first that I’ll do is get a coffee! Are there are any new coffee shops that I should check out?
- I love puzzles! They are just so much fun…it takes a long time to find the pieces but can be a family thing…though my family only helps me when I have twenty pieces left EVERY time!
- I have a dream of organizing everything in boxes and or labeling everything but that will never happen and even if it would, it would only last a day!
- There’s a song that is stuck in my head and it’s about numbers. Courtesy of my son who likes listening to songs about numbers! Here’s the link to his favorite and yes, it’s in Russian. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyE6PZhSurQ
- I try to do things that I love.
- Each book that I’m working on has its own folder on the desktop and folders within that folder.
- For backing up files, I email myself and sometimes my mother so she could keep a copy for me.
- I don’t miss the taste of alcohol.
- I hate shrimp…mainly because some buy shoved one down my throat to force me to try it. That was in high school. Yuck! That killed our friendship.
- No more ice cream for me. Some milk products make me sick…so sad!
That was 20 facts about me, Angelina Kerner- a mother, author, and blogger.
I would love to hear something about you. Leave a comment. ^_^
Character motivation –
Guys, I need help. So you all know about my work in progress- Into the Flames. If not, here’s a little blurb:
So if you guys read the above, I need to find character motivation for the static voice.
Here’s the thing, it’s my first time writing someone creepy and I think for the most part…I got him acting perfect…but that’s because for the first 20k words, it’s just a voice, not a man behind it. I know the character is a male and he wants to use the main heroine for his gain…but why?
Sure, she’s the next queen to be…but how does he want to use her. I have a scene where she meets him…but she doesn’t really meet him because he stole someone’s face and so she still has no clue why he’s after her and why he likes creeping her out.
It was natural for me to write in the voice, I actually don’t know where the idea came from. It was just obvious to have him around. Since, I write romance and usually fantasy and or chick-lit, I don’t really know how to write ‘creepy.’
Since October is the creepiest month of the year and most of you are thinking about costumes and parties, maybe you guys can help me out.
Comment with your ideas for my character’s motivation. Maybe I’ll use yours. Maybe an idea will be born from yours or maybe I’ll combine a couple of ideas. One never knows.
I very much appreciate all your help.
As a happy author, I can easily say, “Whoo hoo!”
Readers’ Favorite reviewers have been fantastic! And with their awesome reviews, I was able to receive that shiny sticker which is now on all of the printed copies that I have. Those copies are for friends and for future giveaways! ^_^
Looks awesome, yes?
Follow me on Instagram and I’ll follow back.
For those of you celebrating Easter, today I’m going to go to church to get the food blessed. Will take a couple of photos and post!
Goal: Learn to use Instagram successfully!